This privacy statement together with any other documents expressly incorporated in it, covers any personal data collected when you use this website.
This website is operated by Aardman Animations Limited ("Aardman") (registered address; Gas Ferry Road, Bristol BS1 6UN; company number 02050843). For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("Act") Aardman is a data controller which means that we retain control over all of the personal data that is collected on this website. No personal data collected by Aardman through this website is sold or released to anyone about visitors to this site or customers of Aardman without prior consent. In other words, no information is released to anyone unless you have given permission first.
Aardman Animations Limited does not attempt to collect personal data from children. If children do send personal data to Aardman, such as writing our guestbook, sending emails etc, the information is deleted but please do note that Aardman cannot always determine that a user is a child.
Personal data that may be collected
Aardman may collect the following personal data from you during your visit to the website:
- personal data that you provide by filling in forms on this website, including personal data provided at the time of registering: first name, last name, email address, country, avatar (image), about, how do you take your tea, fun facts, favourite inventions, website address, mastermind subject, favourite food, what do you want to be when you grow up;
- personal data you provide when reporting a problem with this website or requesting technical support;
- personal data you provide if you contact Aardman for any other reason;
- details of your visits to this website including traffic data, location data, and other communications data and the resources that you access;
- information about your browser version, operating system and screen resolution.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come from to the site and the pages they visited.
Store page data
Store the users secured ID
Most web browsers give users some control of cookies through browser settings. To find out more about cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Where your personal data is stored
All personal data you provide is stored on secure servers.
Where you are given or you choose a password for access to certain parts of this website, you are responsible for keeping it confidential. You must not share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Aardman cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this website. For that reason, any transmission is at your own risk. It is recommended that you use anti-virus, firewall and/or other security protections according to your own analysis of your security requirements. Once your personal data is received, strict procedures and security features are used to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How your personal data is used
Aardman Animations Limited may use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with information, products or services you request or it considers may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to encourage and allow you to participate in interactive features on its website, when you choose to do so;
- to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest contacting you by post or telephone;
- if you are an existing customer of Cracking Ideas to contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to Cracking Ideas;
- if you are a new user to contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
If you do not want to be contacted in these ways please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which your data is collected.
How your personal data may be disclosed
Aardman may disclose your personal data to any member of its group (which means its subsidiaries, ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries).
Aardman may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- if it sells or buys any business or assets, in which case it may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer;
- if it or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if it has to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any other agreement, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Aardman Animations Limited, its customers, or others. This includes exchanging personal data with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your rights (including accessing your personal data)
You have the right to ask Aardman Animations limited not to process your personal data for marketing. You can exercise that right by checking certain boxes on the forms used to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
The Act gives you the right to access personal data held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet the costs in providing you with details of the personal data held about you. If you want to make such a request please contact email@example.com
If you follow a link to another website (including any website operated by Aardman Animations Limited), different privacy policies may apply. You should read these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites and agree that use of your personal data by those websites will be subject to those privacy policies.
Changes to this privacy statement
If this privacy statement changes the changes will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
Please send any questions, comments or requests regarding this privacy statement to Aardman Animations, Gas Ferry Road, Bristol, BS1 6UN or firstname.lastname@example.org